Since no return to blogging is official until the author has posted a meme, I’ve decided to jump right in with this one. Arby, over at Boarding in Bedlam, posted his answers to these questions last week, and as usual, his answers were hilarious! The questions themselves have captured my thoughts the last few days, resulting in this post!
Where were you five years ago?
Five years ago we were adjusting to “real life” after 18 years in full-time ministry. The decision to leave ministry was excruciating, and the adjustment back into the “work-a-day world” was definitely a faith-building experience. But after leaving a home we loved in New England and living with my brother for 7 months, on May 28, 2005, we were able to move into our new house. We had purchased the house in early April and it was, well…a dump. If we ever wanted our daughters to live in the house with us, we knew we needed to make some BIG improvements! Nearly every day for the next two months was spent juggling homeschool, new jobs, work on the new house, and traveling back and forth between the new house and my brother’s house (a 40-mile round trip). Finally, after two months of hard labor, we moved into our house…just over 5 years ago. Here’s some photographic “before and after” evidence of the work that took place during those two months (and in the years since).
Where would you like to be five years from now?
Right here. I hope to never move again. Ever. However, I wouldn’t mind having a son in-law or two by then….and maybe a grandbaby?!?! (If my girls read this, I am in SUCH big trouble!)
What are five things on your to-do-list for today?
- Celebrate the completion of Jimmy’s first year of school. One year down. Twelve to go.
- Have a cup of coffee.
- Mow the lawn. Grrr…
- Learn the songs and the motions for VBS. I still have a week. That’s long enough. Isn’t it?
- Have another cup of coffee. Or two.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
Is coffee a snack? If so, I’ll have five cups.
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
- I would buy/build a coffee shop. Owning and running a coffee shop has been our biggest dream for a very long time!! It would be an amazing place for folks to enjoy fellowship, music, great books, and of course….coffee. Really. Good. Coffee.
- I would give a ton of money to some of the most amazing missionaries that we are blessed to know. Young families who have sacrificed so much to serve the Lord in difficult places like China, Mongolia, and Jordan. I would LOVE to be able to do something to make their lives a little bit easier!
- I would make a few more improvements to our house…nothing extravagant…just little things that have been on the “if-we-ever-have-a-little-extra-money list” for the last 5 years!
- I would definitely replace our Chevy Lumina with something that has fewer than 190,000 miles, is running on all its cylinders, and is not a pile of rust and dents. And while I’m car shopping, I’d also buy safe, fuel-efficient cars for my three girls.
- Set aside A LOT of money for Jimmy’s college fund. I wonder how much college will cost in 2022?
I’m gonna follow Arby’s lead and not tag anyone…but feel free to join in if you’d like!! If you do, let me know so I can come read YOUR responses!!