“Why did you decide to homeschool?”
It’s not an unusual question, in fact if I’ve answered it once in my nearly 20 years of homeschooling, I’ve answered it a hundred times! Well, from now on instead of trying to come up with an answer every time someone asks, I think I’ll just hand them a copy of my recently created Top 10 Reasons Why I Homeschool. Enjoy!
The Top 10 Reasons Why I Homeschool
- Pajamas are less expensive than school clothes.
- Not all kids can color in the lines for 3 hours at the age of 5 1/2
- The lines are shorter at Disney World in early October.
- I want to experience the joy of teaching my child to read and watch the joy on his face when he reads his first chapter book!
- Kids NEED socialization that doesn’t include getting made fun of for wearing the wrong brand of athletic shoes to school!
- Kids are allowed to pray AND sing “Away in a Manger” and “Joy to the World” in MY school.
- There’s something seriously wrong with a system which thinks that it can place 30 children with 17 different learning styles into one classroom with one teacher and expect them all to learn something.
- School isn’t supposed to be entertaining, it’s supposed to be about learning.
- I LIKE my kids and I WANT to be with them all day!
And the #1 Reason that I homeschool my kids is……
- Homeschooling WORKS!!