Yum. I love breakfast. Take me to a restaurant that serves breakfast 24/7, and I’ll order breakfast 9 times out of 10…regardless of the time of day! So when I saw this on Stef’s blog I HAD to join in!!
My top breakfasts? (In no particular order, but ALWAYS with coffee!)
- A power bagel with honey almond shmear from Einstein Bagels.
- An Egg Mcmuffin from McDonalds. (love these!!)
- Denny’s French Slam breakfast…Mmmm…french toast.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast at Egglectic Cafe in Wheaton, IL
And here’s one of my very favorite breakfast recipes from the 2003 issue of Southern Living!
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions, using 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, and cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.